Czech Center Museum Houston
Full-Time Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator
Duties and Requirements:
- Serves as the receptionist of the organization, and in this capacity, is responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones, responding to general inquiries, taking event registrations, scheduling tours, and scheduling rentals of the Museum's facilities. In all respects, the AA is responsible for providing consistent excellent customer service to a variety of visitors to ensure a positive Museum experience.
- Provides clerical support including bookkeeping, generating invoices and financial reports, managing mailings, maintaining database, ordering supplies, maintaining relationships with vendors and service providers, assisting with meeting preparation, opening and distributing mail, and other related tasks as assigned.
- Prepares detailed monthly attendance reports, as well as compiling visitor evaluation and feedback data.
- Works with volunteer Gift Shop attendant to manage the Gift Shop (reconciling all sales, ordering and tracking inventory; staffing with volunteers; quarterly sales tax reports).
- Tracks and acknowledges all charitable gifts and sponsorships, including sending out membership solicitations, acknowledgements, and renewal letters.
- Updates content on the Museum's website, in addition to investigating methods for expanding the Museum's presence on the Internet and in social media outlets.
- Assists Museum staff with the planning and execution of all public programs and special events.
- In all matters, the Administrative Assistant will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Four year college degree in applicable discipline.
- Minimum two years of work experience in business, arts administration, public relations, or marketing required.
- Related customer service work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial record-keeping practices and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and to work under varying degrees of supervision.
- Professional presence. Diplomatic. Ability to work effectively with diverse staff and volunteers.
- Solid computer skills.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including some evenings, weekends, holidays and special event hours.
The Czech Center Museum Houston is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: $ to be determined, 40 hours a week, days and hours to be determined. Some evening work required.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Effie M. Rosene, 4920 San Jacinto, Houston, Texas 77004.
No phone calls please. You will be contacted for an interview.