Czech Center Museum Houston
4920 San Jacinto Street, Houston, Texas 77004, Telephone 713-528-2060
As a representative of The Czech Center Museum Houston, you will be responsible for coordinating events, such as weddings, conferences, birthdays, corporate events, charity events, business meetings and luncheons. We are looking for an entry level worker who is enthusiastic, organized, and who can work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Coordinate details of events such as weddings, conferences, birthdays, corporate events, charity events, business meetings, and luncheons.
- Calculate budgets and create contracts for events, and make sure they are adhered to.
- Work with clients to select caterers, linen services and all other contracted work for events.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list for in-house events.
- Hire staff to manage the event, including bartenders, valet and security personnel.
- Manage correspondence via email and telephone with clients and contractors.
- Coordinate event logistics, attendee tracking, presentation, materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of audio visual equipment and alcohol sales.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
- Assist Volunteers with Docent Duties as needed.
EVENT AND OFFICE ADMINISTRATION DUTIES
- Assist within the office with maintaining Databases and Vertical Response.
- Record keeping and maintenance of membership files.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar. Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Work under COs and Operations Manager to perform daily operations and perform events/office administration duties.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff as well as managing accounts of clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Working Knowledge of Adobe and Design Software is preferred but not required